Thanks
    Thanks
    66 Rec'd/55 Posts
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Quoted
    33 Post(s)

Is this Flag-Worthy?

I have a question, and forgive my ignorance if it's kinda dumb or if this is the wrong subforum to post this question; I'm new to the ways of flagging Craigslist.

So... I just happened to see a local ad for 3 pigs. Doesn't look to be a breeder, but there's a picture of the cage: it's one of those litter-box style petstore cages that barely fits on a dresser top, and you can clearly see ALL THREE animals jammed into it WITH A PIGLOO. They don't even have room to move around in the cage.

While it's clearly not a breeder, I feel it is certainly animal cruelty. However, there's nothing specific on the Craigslist rules that prohibit images of animal abuse. Would you flag something like this? If not, what else could I do to help?

https://knoxville.craigslist.org/pet...961831794.html
    Last edited by LittleSqueakers; 08-21-19 at 08:17 pm.

Thanks
    Thanks
    19 Rec'd/18 Posts
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Quoted
    37 Post(s)

Re: Is this Flag-Worthy?

Idk how it would be possible, but she may not realize they need much more room than she's giving them. Hopefully a responsibke pig owner will see them and adopt them and give them a suitable place to stay. That's so sad for those piggies. I wish they were closer and I would take them in and rehome them appropriately.
    Would it be an innapropraite thing to do to maybe message her and let her know? And maybe encourage the person to take them to a rescue?

Thanks
    Thanks
    66 Rec'd/55 Posts
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Quoted
    33 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Candalalala View Post
    Would it be an innapropraite thing to do to maybe message her and let her know? And maybe encourage the person to take them to a rescue?
    Idk... Maybe I could text her? Would that be completely out of line? I mean, she's trying to find a new home for them already, and I really don't want to interfere with her attempts to legitimately do so. It would be best if she could rehome the pigs herself rather than they take up space and resources at a rescue. I'm just concerned that if they go together in that cage -- and especially with that photo up on the ad -- that someone else will just take them and do the exact same thing. Maybe I could text her and encourage her not to sell the cage and to take that photo down?

Thanks
    Thanks
    19 Rec'd/18 Posts
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Quoted
    37 Post(s)

Yea, maybe a text might be fine with an encouragement that they should not be sold with that cage or to change it to be sold as a "carrier". I would hate for the next owner to continue using it as a cage.

User Tag List