Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Flags Is this Flag-Worthy?

LittleSqueakers

Cavy Slave
I have a question, and forgive my ignorance if it's kinda dumb or if this is the wrong subforum to post this question; I'm new to the ways of flagging Craigslist.

So... I just happened to see a local ad for 3 pigs. Doesn't look to be a breeder, but there's a picture of the cage: it's one of those litter-box style petstore cages that barely fits on a dresser top, and you can clearly see ALL THREE animals jammed into it WITH A PIGLOO. They don't even have room to move around in the cage.

While it's clearly not a breeder, I feel it is certainly animal cruelty. However, there's nothing specific on the Craigslist rules that prohibit images of animal abuse. Would you flag something like this? If not, what else could I do to help?

(broken link removed)

Last edited:

LittleSqueakers

Cavy Slave
Would it be an innapropraite thing to do to maybe message her and let her know? And maybe encourage the person to take them to a rescue?

Idk... Maybe I could text her? Would that be completely out of line? I mean, she's trying to find a new home for them already, and I really don't want to interfere with her attempts to legitimately do so. It would be best if she could rehome the pigs herself rather than they take up space and resources at a rescue. I'm just concerned that if they go together in that cage -- and especially with that photo up on the ad -- that someone else will just take them and do the exact same thing. Maybe I could text her and encourage her not to sell the cage and to take that photo down?

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.