Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Introductions New Guinea Pig

guineamama1999

Cavy Slave
I just got a new female guinea pig Monday night. I have 2 already, and I know that she was quarantined before i got her. She is aroung 4 to 5 months old. My question is when should i introduce the three. The other two are 11 months and seven months and quite a bit bigger. I am worried about my new little girl because all she has done the past few days is hide in the corner and has bearly eaten and hasnt drank anything at all. Should I wait to introduce them or would it help her? I don't want her to be alone to long if she doesn't have to be. Any help would be appreciated.

bpatters

Staff member
Cavy Slave
I'd go ahead and introduce her. The size doesn't usually matter, although you'll have to keep an eye on them to make sure the bigger ones aren't bullying her.

From my experience, I'd say introduce them at a when you've got hours to give to it -- introducing a pair to a singleton usually takes longer than just introducing two singles.

If you're not familiar with it, this is the bible on introductions: https://guinea-pigs.livejournal.com/3002707.html

guineamama1999

Cavy Slave
good news i rearrangedthe cage so she wasnt hiding in the corner and now she is finally drinking somthing. She still hasn't eaten much and i dont thing she has touched her hay but she is moring around a bit more and will be introduced in a couple of hours

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.