Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Chat Funny Piggy Experience. Made me laugh so hard..

YukiSanMori

Cavy Gazer
Ok soo about ten minutes ago we were having piggy cuddle time. I had Piggie at first until my other half took him to hold him well Piggie likes to sit on your shoulder and rub your face. So we let him but make sure he won't fall. So He had Piggie and I had Dexter. Dexter is newer and skittish but he talks a bit. but not usually when you hold him.

WELL... I asked if they wanted treats. so I went and got a few fresh veggies. I gave Piggie some real quick and was going to sit back down and give Dexter some. As I gave Piggie some Dexter started talking wanting some too. So I sat down... I grabbed a piece to give to Dexter.. My shy and occasionally chatty pig we have only had him a short time.

Dexter got soo excited he started Wheeking louder that I have ever heard him before. AND Peed down my side.. A LOT..

My other half not as familiar with piggies as I am started laughing up a storm.. I told him becareful you might get it too. If Piggie nips at all he needs to go so put him back in his home so he can. He said well he hasn't nipped so he's fine. He patted Piggie saying how good he was and that he knew he liked him better.. teasing me..

Not even a minute later he looked at me and said "Do you feel better now?" I looked up just as Piggies peed all down his shoulder. xD I laughed so hard I almost cried. Picked piggy up and put him back in his home.

Needless to say it was rather hilarious.

So Long story short. If your piggie nibbles he may have to go and don't think he or she thinks they like you enough not too pee on you. HAHAHA I knew this.. and now.. SO DOES HE... LOLOL

spy9doc

Cavy Slave
Pretty funny, but I'm sure you had to be there to get the full impact.

We NEVER assume that a cavy won't pee on us no matter how good his manners are. :rolleyes: For that reason, towels are a big part of lap time. Old bathroom towels get recycled as piggy towels and the boys know that they are free to soil them. If there is no towel, then you best pay attention to their signals that they need to go home for toilet needs.

One of the ways we litter trained our previous cavies is that when they would give us the signal that they needed to go home, we immediately took them back to the cage and put them in the litter box. Even if it was a false alarm, we honored their wishes. When Chester gave the signal, I could take him back to the cage and deposit him in the litter box, and he would almost immediately relieve himself and then was ready for more lap time.

My boy, Chip, who died 2-3 months ago, was a real character. Yes, he knew what the towels were for at lap time, but he would jump off the towel and pee on the sofa so that he didn't soil the area where he was snuggling. We always had to closely watch him to thwart his intentions. lol

YukiSanMori

Cavy Gazer
Haha yes, Much funnier being there. I indeed know about the need and the signals. Our new piggy Dexter, just got so excited over veggies he wheeked so hard he peed which was way to funny. Piggie gives signals and nips at your fingers gently. We are still getting used to Dexter though.

My other half just doesn't know though. I am slowly teaching him all the little stuff. I'm always so good with the littlest signs xD

But veggies Screams of happiness and pee was unexpected Haha

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.