Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Hello cavie family! <3

YukiSanMori

Cavy Gazer
Hello there! I am entering in from Oregon. I currently have two beautiful male piggies. One was given to me as an unexpected gift. Knowing i have had cavies for many years and currently had no animals they went out and adopted a piggy for me. It was a shock but totally accepted! So immediately the day after I built a nice beautiful home for him, knowing that he was going to need a home mate I made sure the home was perfect for two. <3 So after getting to know my little man I went on the search for a friend. A piggy who needed a good home, a Piggy that the situations were not good and needed serious love. I found someone who had a piggy and as soon as I saw the conditions I knew he was the one. even if they had them sexed wrong I needed to get that baby out of there. So I immediately went and picked him up. He was indeed a male. so after they had their separate space and a clean bill of health they were introduced. Somehow.. They were perfect together. They seem to be close to they same age about six months old. Now they are both happy together munching on their veggies and hay together best of friends. Here is a pic of them shortly after each one was welcomed into my home.
PIGGYupload.JPGPIGGY2upload!!!!.JPGMy little black one is my gift. And the little brown one is my rescued friend.

spy9doc

Cavy Slave
Welcome to the Forum! There is just nothing cuter than young cavies. :love:

You say that you have had cavies for several years in the past, so you obviously aren't a newbie. Just know that if you have questions about almost anything "piggy", you can probably find the answers in the archives of the Forum. I literally spent the better part of 3-4 days reading old posts and getting up to speed with the discussions when I first joined. The "search" function on the upper right of the page is pretty good and can help you find relevant threads and posts.

Let's hope that your boys continue to get along as they go through puberty. There will probably be some struggles for dominance, but hopefully nothing that they can't work out. Enjoy them while they are little.....they grow up SO fast.

YukiSanMori

Cavy Gazer
OH YES Puberty. Haha been through it a few times. I really hope so too. Crossing my fingers! :eek:

Yes, 10 plus years ^^. I used to be in a group helping people out to learn about cavies and their care/ handling. One of my favorite parts is Match making:love:. To make sure no one gets that wrong. I don't mean breeding. I mean finding soul pals and watching them so naturally become friends! and sometimes not depending >..< I have seen and been through both.

Thank you for all of the info! I have been reading on here for about a week, ( I guess my account landed in bot spam) Haha so until it was cleared up I spent hours of reading :) I love to read and read others experience. So I will for sure be around :)

spy9doc

Cavy Slave
I love to read and read others experience. So I will for sure be around

I do hope that you will stay. We especially welcome new members who are experienced cavy owners and those who can contribute to our fund of knowledge. I have kept cavies on/off for 30 years and still learn new things from other members. So many people come to the Forum, find the information they are seeking, and then disappear. Fortunately, there are others who stick around to pay forward all that they have learned.

You have probably already discovered that the Forum sometimes moves at lightning speed and that we don't always agree. It doesn't matter that we don't agree so long as the interaction is respectful and considerate. Fortunately, we have a couple of excellent moderators who closely monitor the Forum and who keep folks in line. lol

YukiSanMori

Cavy Gazer
Oh yes! I will be here. I am not one to read and leave or I would not have signed up. I am gladly willing to contribute anything I can. I have experienced a lot am alway willing to give advice or help others out. I think that we all learn new things every day. in any aspect of life. :D I really like this site already! I am very glad to have found it. :D

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.