Thread: United tells family they can't fly with guinea pigs after allowing it on their previo

Thanks
    Thanks
    33 Rec'd/26 Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    5 Post(s)

United tells family they can't fly with guinea pigs after allowing it on their previo

United tells family they can't fly with guinea pigs after allowing it on their previous flight  The Denver Channel

A Missouri family was on their way home from vacation with their four guinea pigs and now they're stuck in Denver.

More...

Cavy Slave
    Thanks
    Thanks
    0 Rec'd/0 Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)

Re: United tells family they can't fly with guinea pigs after allowing it on their pr

The super ironic thing is I'm looking to move to Bozeman with my 4 piggies.

Thanks
    Thanks
    1,503 Rec'd/1,238 Posts
    Mentioned
    570 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1113 Post(s)

Re: United tells family they can't fly with guinea pigs after allowing it on their pr

No irony in this story because United simply only permits dogs and cats in the cabin, not other animals. The problem in this case was the uninformed gate agents in Bozeman who should never have permitted the family to board in the first place. And, United has recently updated its policy regarding emotional support/comfort animals as well.

On a lighter note, I know a woman on the East Coast who raises Cuys and who related a story of carrying one onboard out of Palm Springs. When she went through the security check, she opened the carrier just enough to permit a peek inside, and told the security personnel that it was a cat. Certainly gave me ideas, but then I wouldn't want to risk getting stranded at the last minute.

Thanks
    Thanks
    658 Rec'd/566 Posts
    Mentioned
    176 Post(s)
    Quoted
    344 Post(s)

@spy9doc, that's such a funny story about the Cuy. When I was working in a veterinary clinic we had a client who used to sneak her ferret onto the plane when she would fly to Arizona to visit her parents. It was just a short flight from Las Vegas to Phoenix. She had a small little tote bag that she would put the ferret into and no one at the gate ever asked what was in there. I guess they just assumed it was her personal items. She must have done this at least ten times until one day a little girl came down the aisle of the plane just as this lady was looking into the bag and talking quietly to her ferret. The little girl got so frightened seeing the ferret that she screamed and that caused the ferret to jump out of the bag and attempt to run down the aisle.

Needless to say, that ended her attempts to sneak her ferret to Arizona again. Luckily for her, the airlines were pretty light-hearted about the whole ordeal. She thought they were going to throw both her and the ferret off of the plane. After that, we always boarded the ferret whenever she traveled.

User Tag List