Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Pellets Striped poops?

Fleetwood Mac

Cavy Slave
I put this in the nutrition category because I figured it has to do with something they’re eating. My guinea Panic is pooping dark brown with a light brown stip (takes up about 1/3-1/4 of the poop).
ive seen a lot of posts relating to this, so I don’t know if should be concerned. She eats and drinks regularly and shows no signs of anything abnormal. So I haven’t taken her to a vet yet. I don’t think my other guinea Fleetwood has the stripe in her droppings. I feed them Vito guinea pig food, and pet supplies plus Timothy hay.

bpatters

Staff member
Cavy Slave
It's caused by whatever they're eating. If the poops are the normal shape, size and consistency, it's fine.

I never heard of Vito guinea pig food. Are you talking VitaKraft? If so, it's usually crap stuff with all sorts of unneeded, possibly dangerous things in it. You need a plain hay pellet (alfalfa if the pig is under six months, timothy if over). The only pellets we recommend in the U.S. are Oxbow and KMS Hayloft.

Fleetwood Mac

Cavy Slave
@bpatters How do I delete this thread?? I want to move it to my medical one

bpatters

Staff member
Cavy Slave
You can't delete. Copy your post and paste it over there, and I'll close this one.

What do you want your medical thread named?

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.