Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register
  • ONE THREAD per pig please!
    We really want your pig's history all in one place to help you. Please don't start a new thread for a new issue. Just reply to your old one. We can edit the title for you if needed.

Conditions *URGENT* new guinea pig being aggressive

Dougal_Zebedee

Cavy Gazer
Hi all,
I got another guinea pig two days ago to keep my other two boys (aged 4 months + 1 year) company.
The pigs boarded at a rescue while being bonded with the new guinea pig Dylan (4 months)
Rescue centre person said they were doing fine but Zeb came home with a bitten ear and scratched. I
Think it was Dylan (as dougal would not hurt a fly) because he is being hostile towards Zeb ( rumblestrutting etc.)
And they get into tussles occasionally. Zeb is being outcast by all of them and it is making him unhappy.
If you have any ideas please leave them immediately as we are scheduled to take Dylan back to the rescue tommorow.

I'd love to be able to sort this out between them as Dougal is already attached to Dylan.
😨😨

LittleSqueakers

Cavy Slave
Unfortunately, in this case, taking the newcomer back to the rescue may be the best option. 3 boars very rarely ever works out; usually most people recommend keeping boars in pairs or as 1 neutered boar with 1 or more sows.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.