Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register
  • ONE THREAD per pig please!
    We really want your pig's history all in one place to help you. Please don't start a new thread for a new issue. Just reply to your old one. We can edit the title for you if needed.

Lump Post eye removal swelling

spy9doc

Cavy Slave
Sparky says "Way to go Herbie, you can do this! So far I have beaten the odds and so can you".

Smileandnod

Cavy Slave
Hey everyone! Update! Herbie is doing GREAT. I’ve been flushing out the abscess with a weak solution of hibiclens and sterile water, and today, almost nothing at all came out of the abscess. He hates the flushing, but I’m going to continue until nothing else comes out. To top it off, he’s gained almost 100 grams, he’s back up to 910 grams! He’s getting lots of his favorite foods lately, romaine, blueberries, and cilantro. I wish he were eating more hay, but he’s eating more and more of it...he seems to really prefer oat hay. I’ll update again after I see the vet. Thanks everyone for your help! And Herbie says thank you too!

@Grant98765...you are doing great!

I am so glad to hear Herbie is improving!

Keep us updated!

Grant98765

Cavy Gazer
Another quick update! Herbie is still doing great. I took him to the vet last week, and Dr. Champagne was so happy to see how much the abscessed area lymph swelling had gone down. Pretty much nothing is coming out at this point, but I’m continuing to flush and give antibiotics. Apparently the type of bacteria that caused the abscess is really only susceptible to chloramphenicol, in terms of antibiotics that guineas can tolerate. He’s still eating well, I’m just keeping him quarantined from his brother for another week.

Smileandnod

Cavy Slave
Wonderful news! Stay strong Herbie!

Thank you Grant98765 for the update!

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.