Thanks
    Thanks
    0 Rec'd/0 Posts
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quoted
    2 Post(s)

Hi everyone :)

Hi! I have one guinea pig named Luke Pigwalker (any of my fellow Star Wars fans might get it). Heís very sweet, but doesnít like being held and heís also VERY picky about his food, he will NOT eat his pellets. Iíve had him for about a year now. (Sorry, not sure how to put pictures 😂 &#128546

Cavy Newbie
    Thanks
    Thanks
    0 Rec'd/0 Posts
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quoted
    2 Post(s)

Re: Hi everyone :)

Oh sorry i don’t know why the ‘&#128546’ showed up ��

Thanks
    Thanks
    22 Rec'd/20 Posts
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quoted
    19 Post(s)

Welcome to you and Luke Pigwalker! That's a great name
    My piggies have always liked Oxbow pellets if you haven't tried them... they're great quality and fortified with vitamin c, which is probably the most important thing about pellets. Some people have luck with picky piggies by mixing small pieces of new veggies,etc, with hay or what they do eat in a separate bowl.
    What veggies does he like? It's very important he gets ones high in vitamin c everyday---yellow bell peppers are the best. My piggies LOVE them! Oranges too---i give mine half a slice every day; no more because they're high in sugar. If Luke likes greens cilantro is high in vitamin c as well!
    Don't worry about the random numbers...I've had Amazon links somehow unintentionally pop up in my posts before ��

4. "Thank you, MerryFriarTuck, for this useful post," says:

Cavy Newbie
    Thanks
    Thanks
    0 Rec'd/0 Posts
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quoted
    2 Post(s)

Thank you! I’ll definitely try those pellets next time I get him food (he has 2 or 3 bags I haven’t opened yet )

Thanks
    Thanks
    22 Rec'd/20 Posts
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quoted
    19 Post(s)

Mine love Oxbow; I think he would too! If he really refuses to touch his pellets he has now you could donate them to an animal rescue and try Oxbow Just make sure you don't use any pellets with seeds or colored pellets in them--- any of those are low quality, like potato chips would be for us, and seeds are dangerous for piggies.
    A great guinea pig site ( besides here ) is www.guineapigmanual.com. It's very readable, very fun, and packed with important info for new piggy owners! It helped me all the time when I had my first piggy

Thanks
    Thanks
    5 Rec'd/4 Posts
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quoted
    3 Post(s)

Yes, I definitely recommend the Oxbow Essentials pellets too. I recently just switched because my piggie was being picky with his pellets also, and when I got the Oxbow pellets that completely changed! Literally he has no restraint. Snickers went from barely touching his old pellets all week to gobbling up all the new stuff within a few hours. Honestly his passion for these pellets scares me.

Cavy Slave
    Thanks
    Thanks
    0 Rec'd/0 Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I've had a similar experience as @LemonySnickers and definitely recommend Oxbow pellets as well. My piggies are picky eaters, especially when it comes to pellets. But Oxbow has really worked for them! I trust the brand and my pigs love them, so it's a win-win!

User Tag List