Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Hi everyone :)

PiggyMonster

Cavy Slave
Hi! I have one guinea pig named Luke Pigwalker (any of my fellow Star Wars fans might get it). He’s very sweet, but doesn’t like being held and he’s also VERY picky about his food, he will NOT eat his pellets. I’ve had him for about a year now. (Sorry, not sure how to put pictures 😂 😢)

PiggyMonster

Cavy Slave
Oh sorry i don’t know why the ‘&#128546’ showed up ��

MerryFriarTuck

Cavy Slave
Welcome to you and Luke Pigwalker! That's a great name :)
My piggies have always liked Oxbow pellets if you haven't tried them... they're great quality and fortified with vitamin c, which is probably the most important thing about pellets. Some people have luck with picky piggies by mixing small pieces of new veggies,etc, with hay or what they do eat in a separate bowl.
What veggies does he like? It's very important he gets ones high in vitamin c everyday---yellow bell peppers are the best. My piggies LOVE them! Oranges too---i give mine half a slice every day; no more because they're high in sugar. If Luke likes greens cilantro is high in vitamin c as well!
Don't worry about the random numbers...I've had Amazon links somehow unintentionally pop up in my posts before ��

PiggyMonster

Cavy Slave
Thank you! I’ll definitely try those pellets next time I get him food (he has 2 or 3 bags I haven’t opened yet :crazy:)

MerryFriarTuck

Cavy Slave
Mine love Oxbow; I think he would too! If he really refuses to touch his pellets he has now you could donate them to an animal rescue and try Oxbow :) Just make sure you don't use any pellets with seeds or colored pellets in them--- any of those are low quality, like potato chips would be for us, and seeds are dangerous for piggies.
A great guinea pig site ( besides here ) is www.guineapigmanual.com. It's very readable, very fun, and packed with important info for new piggy owners! It helped me all the time when I had my first piggy

LemonySnickers

Cavy Slave
Yes, I definitely recommend the Oxbow Essentials pellets too. I recently just switched because my piggie was being picky with his pellets also, and when I got the Oxbow pellets that completely changed! Literally he has no restraint. Snickers went from barely touching his old pellets all week to gobbling up all the new stuff within a few hours. Honestly his passion for these pellets scares me.

guineapiglova88

Cavy Slave
I've had a similar experience as @LemonySnickers and definitely recommend Oxbow pellets as well. My piggies are picky eaters, especially when it comes to pellets. But Oxbow has really worked for them! I trust the brand and my pigs love them, so it's a win-win! lol

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.