Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register
  • ONE THREAD per pig please!
    We really want your pig's history all in one place to help you. Please don't start a new thread for a new issue. Just reply to your old one. We can edit the title for you if needed.

Skin Problems Bumpy brownish skin patch

Elaavor

Cavy Slave
Hi.

I was chilling with my lil boy (5 years old) when I suddenly noticed a bump on his skin. I pushed the hair aside and found a skin problem underneath his hair. It was a brownish patch, bumpy and bold, with hair sticking out of it and the area surrounding it was dry white skin. Here are some pictures: (I searched his whole body and didn’t find any other patch)

HHkrzgQ.jpg

I1hISBr.jpg

I’m very worried cause I can’t take him to the vet atm. Vets are very expensive here and I’m a student who has to wait 7 days for the beginning of a new month (in our calendar) to get my hand on enough cash to take this little guy to the vet. So... any insight is very appreciated.

guimeapig

Cavy Gazer
hi there! i wouldn’t worry too much about it. my pig has very dry skin despite my efforts to get rid of it. this could be some sort of reaction from mites. mine had a similar issues but has darker skin so the patches looked a bit different. You can definitely hold off until going to a vet for this. the vet with likely prescribe some anti-fungal spray and call it a day.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.