Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Sexing Accidental possible pregnant guinea pig

Guinealearner1

Cavy Slave
I’m still open to more advice or ideas on if you think my guinea is pregnant. BFF8AB14-5362-4274-A03E-5A74812B780D.jpgheres another pic of her

bpatters

Staff member
Cavy Slave
@Guinealearner1, STOP asking every poster if they think your pig is pregnant. It's been explained to you by more than one person that there's no way for us to be sure from a picture whether or not your pig is pregnant. Besides that, it won't do you any good at all for someone to say whether they think the pig is pregnant, because there's no way for them to know. So you won't know any more than you did before you asked, no matter what they say.

There is a ton of information here about guinea pigs. Start reading here: https://www.guineapigcages.com/forum/threads/113176-Information-for-new-guinea-pig-owners. Do your own homework, and then ask a question ONCE, not repeatedly. People will get very bored with your posts and stop responding if it appears that you are paying no attention to what they say. They've taken the time, of their own free accord (no one is getting paid), and yet you keep ignoring what they say. It's a good way to get ignored entirely.

We are willing to help you, but you need to do your part. Responsible forum usage includes actually reading what's been said, and paying attention to it, not asking the same question over and over and over again.

Guinealearner1

Cavy Slave
I am sorry bpatters I guess I am just a nervous possible piggy mom. Thank you for the advice smile and nod I will try to get a bigger cage as soon as I can.

Guinealearner1

Cavy Slave
Dose anyone know if most guinea mommas lay down a lot when pregnant? My girl keeps laying down and is super lazy. I have a feeling if she is pregnant her babies may come in the next week or two.

Guinealearner1

Cavy Slave
From what I feel I believe there is one baby.

Guinealearner1

Cavy Slave
I will keep everyone updated. I believe I herd the babies teeth chattering this morning so I think she may have her baby in the next week or so. Thank you all for how much help you have been and how much better you have made me feel! :)

Guinealearner1

Cavy Slave
I just weighed my guinea pig girl and she weight 1,198 grams.

Guinealearner1

Cavy Slave
Recently my guinea pig has
1. Been super lazy, constantly sleeping
2. Not been interested in me at all
3. Hates to be touched especially around her belly
4. Has been gaining weight
5. Has been eating and drinking a lot and more.....

are these signs she may go into labor in the next week?

bpatters

Staff member
Cavy Slave
The signs of impending labor are in that link I gave you. Please read it AGAIN, and also the links within it.

Guinealearner1

Cavy Slave
Ok, I already Red it. Thank you for your help!

Guinealearner1

Cavy Slave
Hi everyone dose anyone know what the minimum weight gain weekly should be for a pregnant guinea pig. For example if there was a pig pregnant with one pup how much should that pig roughly gain weekly for a minimum?

Soecara

Cavy Slave
Just like with pregnancy with all other animals there isn't a set amount that they should be gaining while pregnant, regardless of the number of pups. Different sows will gain different amounts even if they are pregnant with the same number of pups, simply because some will carry more fluid than others and some pups will be larger than others.

From my experience the birth weights of pups varied on average between 65 grams to 130 grams when first born. The bigger pups tended to be from smaller litters.

The only way to know for certain how many pups she may or may not be carrying would be get an x-ray after she is definitely more than 6 weeks along as by that point the pups bones will have calcified so they will show up on the x-ray. Alternatively you can just wait until she births and see how many pups she has.

Knowing how many pups she may be expecting doesn't really change anything unless she is a sow older than 1 year who hasn't birthed before.

Guinealearner1

Cavy Slave
@socara thank you so much for your help. I will take your advice and wait and see what happens . Thank you

Guinealearner1

Cavy Slave
No babies yet. Still on the look out.

Guinealearner1

Cavy Slave
Still no babies. Best of luck to a quick and painless delivery!

Guinealearner1

Cavy Slave
You are welcome Kelsie. There are no babies yet but, I am prepared for anytime now or soon. Hopfully I will be here when it all happens.

Guinealearner1

Cavy Slave
I ment be at my house when it all happens.

Guinealearner1

Cavy Slave
Still keeping a eye out for babies. She has been eating good and as far as I can tell looks healthy.

bpatters

Staff member
Cavy Slave
@Guinealearner1, you originally posted on July 15, and said it had been two weeks since you separated them. That would mean they've been separated at least seven weeks. If she's pregnant, it would be very obvious by now, and you'd be able to see the pups kicking. If you're not seeing that, and if she hasn't been steadily gaining weight (you DO weigh her daily, don't you?), she's not pregnant.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.