Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

C&C Amazon c&c grids

Smileandnod

Cavy Slave
Quick question about the chloroplast does it need to go up the sides or could it just cover the bottom?

The coroplast keeps everything contained, but you don't want it to go too far up on every side because guinea pigs need proper ventilation for a healthy environment. Otherwise you will end up with a sick pig with upper respiratory infection.

The typical height is 6" and you can go higher on one side that may be against a wall to protect your wall from urine spray as well as poop and hay falling between the wall and the cage.

Do not go high on all sides, keep it to just one. Again it reduces proper air flow to the pigs if the sides are blocked.

Also, if your grids are the ones you provided a link to, they are only about 11" wide and tall. You might be able to make your coroplast shorter on each side to increase visibility and air circulation.

I personally would go two grids high with those if you are really stuck on them. Watching my girls tonight I saw how much they popcorn and stand up to get attention. All of them (they range in age from 8 months to 4 years) can easily meet the top of my 14 inch grids when they stand wheeking for treats and their daily veggies. I would hate for them to be restricted full time to a shorter cage with a lid. You won't need 22" that you will have with 2 grids high of those mesh grids, but I personally would want mine to have more height space than a single height of those provides.

Have you thought of using regular grids for height, air flow and visibility? It's a lot of fun to have a clear view of your pigs! You could zip tie those smaller mesh grids where you want to contain hay and have a little more pig privacy. Just a friendly suggestion.

PennyLane94

Cavy Slave
The coroplast keeps everything contained, but you don't want it to go too far up on every side because guinea pigs need proper ventilation for a healthy environment. Otherwise you will end up with a sick pig with upper respiratory infection.

The typical height is 6" and you can go higher on one side that may be against a wall to protect your wall from urine spray as well as poop and hay falling between the wall and the cage.

Do not go high on all sides, keep it to just one. Again it reduces proper air flow to the pigs if the sides are blocked.

Also, if your grids are the ones you provided a link to, they are only about 11" wide and tall. You might be able to make your coroplast shorter on each side to increase visibility and air circulation.

I personally would go two grids high with those if you are really stuck on them. Watching my girls tonight I saw how much they popcorn and stand up to get attention. All of them (they range in age from 8 months to 4 years) can easily meet the top of my 14 inch grids when they stand wheeking for treats and their daily veggies. I would hate for them to be restricted full time to a shorter cage with a lid. You won't need 22" that you will have with 2 grids high of those mesh grids, but I personally would want mine to have more height space than a single height of those provides.

Have you thought of using regular grids for height, air flow and visibility? It's a lot of fun to have a clear view of your pigs! You could zip tie those smaller mesh grids where you want to contain hay and have a little more pig privacy. Just a friendly suggestion.
I’m paranoid that I’ll end up getting the wrong size grid holes with the other grids especially since my pigs are young and there’s a chance my females pregnant and I definitely know I want the large packs of grids since my cage will be so big if I’m able to find the correct size grids though it would be nice to have more visibility and as of right now I’m gonna need 3 packs of the 9 cube storage shelves so if I could find like packs with more grids in the correct size that would be nice

Soecara

Cavy Slave
Here are some amazon links to the right kind of grids. I tried looking for some larger packs but they all looked to be either 8x8 or 7x7 holes, the ones I have linked are 9x9.

https://www.amazon.com/Whitmor-Stor...2:2661618011&rnid=2661617011&s=gateway&sr=8-4

https://www.amazon.com/AmazonBasics...1618011&rnid=2661617011&s=gateway&sr=8-3&th=1

Depending on what country you are located in there are also other options for where you can buy them that may potentially be cheaper. For example I know you can usually get the grids at bed bath and beyond in the US.

PennyLane94

Cavy Slave
Here are some amazon links to the right kind of grids. I tried looking for some larger packs but they all looked to be either 8x8 or 7x7 holes, the ones I have linked are 9x9.

https://www.amazon.com/Whitmor-Stor...2:2661618011&rnid=2661617011&s=gateway&sr=8-4

https://www.amazon.com/AmazonBasics...1618011&rnid=2661617011&s=gateway&sr=8-3&th=1

Depending on what country you are located in there are also other options for where you can buy them that may potentially be cheaper. For example I know you can usually get the grids at bed bath and beyond in the US.

Ill check bed bath and beyond and Walmart otherwise the ones you linked seem pretty good priced

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.