Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Cage My hay racks

aden_al

Cavy Slave
So my babies (females) have been chasing around, and the former dominant is now dominated. Altaria (water bottle) chases Oktavia (eating hay) around a lot more. Oktavia seems to scream, but I have not find any injuries (not that she allows me to touch her as much), but I haven't found chunks of hair in the cage (I clean it every day) like I did once in the past.

So I did two things:

1. I added 3 more hay racks, so now they have 4 of them.
2. Each forest (consisting of a square) has now divisions inside (fleece divisions that basically block the view). Like if a piggie goes into hiding on the square on the right, she can stay there while the other one stays on the square on the left. I did it with this intention and surprisingly, it kind of works. Now I have been finding them on the same side just resting, which was different or unthinkable a few days ago. Yet Oktavia is still being chased, and she runs really fast (the cage is 2 by 6 metal squares).

So in total they have 4 places for hiding and still can run freely in case they need to.

I wanted to share this.

piggies.jpg

Three.jpg

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.