Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register
  • ONE THREAD per pig please!
    We really want your pig's history all in one place to help you. Please don't start a new thread for a new issue. Just reply to your old one. We can edit the title for you if needed.

Urine Different coloured wee?! Is it normal?

Els206

Cavy Gazer
Is this wee normal?

I cleaned them out about 3 hours prior to this... and came home after to this on a puppy pad (she always goes to the loo here)

Attachments

3874EC26-5CE0-47C2-92AB-B2AA7B48C765.jpeg

Guinea Pig Papa

Staff member
Cavy Slave
My pigs have wee'd like that before...... but they've usually had something to eat that affects it. Something like a berry, or a small slice of watermelon.

What has she eaten recently? Anything that could cause a change line that?

Els206

Cavy Gazer
She eats carrots, lettuce broccoli hay etc and her normal nuggets. I’m thinking it’s because they are outside so very open to air and because it’s on a white pad. I’m not too sure..

Els206

Cavy Gazer
She also has been eating a treat stick that was orange? Maybe caused it?

Guinea Pig Papa

Staff member
Cavy Slave
If the treat stick had any kind of dye or food colouring in it, it's very possible. I would monitor her and if it continues it could be a sign of a UTI.

spy9doc

Cavy Slave
The orange color could simply be normal. Often when urine sits for a while and oxidizes, it becomes an orange/brown color. OTOH, it could be the result of something she ate, but I've never seen my cavy's urine change color from anything he has ingested. And, yes, it could be a UTI.

If she exhibits any straining, hunching, crying when she urinates, then get her to a vet ASAP. As you probably know, a UTI is painful and needs to receive prompt treatment.

Els206

Cavy Gazer
She seems fine in herself, but tonight I will properly monitor as I’m bringing them in for the night, as they live outside I can’t really hear them. She’s drinking, eating etc and I don’t hear her make a fuss when she toilets. But i will keep an eye. If not, trip to the vets again ��

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.