Thanks
    Thanks
    0 Rec'd/0 Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Is my guinea pig okay??!

So recently I can't remember if it was yesterday or if it started today one of my guinea pigs Mini her right eye started closing it or I mean she started closing it her other eye is completely fine. When I took her out of her cage for lap time I did notice there was a whisker like right near her eyelid so I not know if that's the problem. Since it's been happening she's still been active a lot nicer to me than usual . But still I want my baby to be okay. She still eats and drinks and everything. And it's not closed 24\7 but just like everyonce in a while. Also I want to bond with them more any tips??? Thanks everyone!!

Thanks
    Thanks
    7,157 Rec'd/5,695 Posts
    Mentioned
    2009 Post(s)
    Quoted
    3725 Post(s)

Re: Is my guinea pig okay??!

Is the eye discolored? Is there any discharge?

You can look carefully at the eye, gently rolling the eyelid up, to see if there's any hay that you can see.

If not, I'd see a vet. It may well be a hay poke, but eye injuries are incredibly painful, and if not treated, an infection can cause the loss of an eye.

Cavy Slave
    Thanks
    Thanks
    0 Rec'd/0 Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Re: Is my guinea pig okay??!

Quote Originally Posted by bpatters View Post
    Is the eye discolored? Is there any discharge?

You can look carefully at the eye, gently rolling the eyelid up, to see if there's any hay that you can see.

If not, I'd see a vet. It may well be a hay poke, but eye injuries are incredibly painful, and if not treated, an infection can cause the loss of an eye.
    No the eye isn't discolored and there's no discharge so I might see a vet. But thanks for your help!

User Tag List