Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Dominance Dominate girl bullying the smaller girl

grimacenspoink

Cavy Slave
I put my two female piggies together 4 days ago after having them separated by a divider, but in the same cage. Everything in the cage was washed and deodorized and I have two of everything. They aren't fighting to hurt eachother as the younger and smaller piggie (her names spoink) has excepted her place as the submissive piggie and lets the older piggie (shes called grimace) be in charge. However Grimace seems to be bullying Spoink a lot. For example, if Spoink is at the top of the ramp, Grimace will stop whatever she's doing to go stand behind her and chase her down. She also wont let Spoink in either of the two houses. If Spoink goes in one, Grimace will stand outside the door and stare at her and rumblestrut for a few seconds before going inside and chase Spoink out the other the other side. Theres no fights over the food or water, just bullying about the houses and the ramp.
Does this kind of behavior last forever?? or will it dwindle the longer they live together??
i'm just worried that Spoink will never get to be comfortable inside one of the nice cozy houses and that she will be stressed out forever :sad:

I included pictures of the cage set up (the blue house has been switched for a second one with two exits), and my girls :love:
cage.jpgpigs.jpg

bpatters

Staff member
Cavy Slave
I wouldn't give up yet. Just keep an eye on them and make sure no one is being hurt, but let them work things out.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.