Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Bonding New piggie fighting single piggie!!

grimacenspoink

Cavy Slave
About 4 months ago I got a female skinny pig, shes the sweetest and most affectionate girl ever. Yesterday, I introduced her to a new female and they were doing completely fine for about 3 hours until i moved them to the cage, then they started to fight. I separated them by adding a divider in the cage (its a 12.25 square foot c&c) and sine last night there hasn't been any teeth catering are anything like that. They've been making sort of cooing noises at each other all day and have even been touching their noses together trough the cage. The new lady keeps biting the divider. The first girl i got 4 month ago is the first piggie ive ever owned so I'm worried i did something wrong when introducing them. How long until i should try and introduce them again? is the cooing at eachother and nose touching a good sign?? please help!!! :sad::love:

bpatters

Staff member
Cavy Slave
Did you totally clean the cage so that nothing in it smelled like either pig before you put them it it? That includes taking out hideys, wiping down the wires, washing everything washable.

Here's the bible on GP introductions: https://guinea-pigs.livejournal.com/3002707.html. Read it over and see if you should have done anything different.

And were you observing actual fighting, or were they just chasing and nipping?

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.