Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Fleece How do I stop fleece digging piggies?

HekXan

Cavy Gazer
Today I woke up to check on my guinea pigs. My piggy "cream" got under the fleece. Nothing too weird. Picked her up and put extra clips. *15 minutes later*. She is under the fleece again. This happened every 15 minutes or so. The binder clips don't seem to be helping. I tried putting cardboard and everything.:sad:
Do any experienced guinea pig owners know what may help? All I have is extra chloroplast and cardboard. :confused:

Thank you :)

Soecara

Cavy Slave
I have several fleece burrowers. The only thing I have found to stop them burrowing under the cage lining fleece, aside from a piggy bed spread, is to give them what they want in a way that isn't so annoying for us owners. For this I give them a smaller loose piece of fleece for them to burrow under, I call it the "decoy fleece". Every time i clean their cages i just toss in a loose decoy fleece once I'm done cleaning their cage and they are almost always happy to just lay under that rather than bothering the cage lining fleece.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.