Thread: I'd like to thank the moderators.

Thanks
    Thanks
    680 Rec'd/587 Posts
    Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Quoted
    361 Post(s)

I'd like to thank the moderators.

I've been a member of this forum for years and have always appreciated how the moderators keep the forum running smoothly. A few days ago I received an invitation to join another guinea pig forum via Facebook. Up until then, the only two forums I follow is this one and Guinea Lynx. Since I thought it would be fun to confer with other guinea pig owners I decided to join. Within just a few days I realized how different forums can be. Let me add, I'm an adult woman and I'm not a goody-goody but I was shocked at the amount of vulgarity that they allowed from their posters. It seemed that any and all four-letter words were permitted. I admit I was a little shocked to see this from a forum that is dedicated to guinea pigs. Since they allowed members of all ages it seemed out of place to not have some rules that kept the forum a little more age appropriate.

I know at times, I've seen members here complain about not being allowed to speak their minds or being banned for not following the rules. After viewing that particular forum I have a new appreciation for the moderators of Guinea Pig Cages who keep this forum appropriate and kid-friendly.

Thank you for all the work that you do to keep this a nice place to visit.

2. "Thank you, Kelsie, for this useful post," says:

Thanks
    Thanks
    7,204 Rec'd/5,737 Posts
    Mentioned
    2024 Post(s)
    Quoted
    3768 Post(s)

Re: I'd like to thank the moderators.

Thank you for the kind words -- we really appreciate it!

Thanks
    Thanks
    558 Rec'd/462 Posts
    Mentioned
    80 Post(s)
    Quoted
    410 Post(s)

I'll second that. The environment of this forum and the very obvious caring and compassionate people who patronize it are among the biggest reasons why I stay.

Thanks to you guys for all you do, and for keeping this a great and knowledgeable place for all things piggy.

Thanks
    Thanks
    1,538 Rec'd/1,267 Posts
    Mentioned
    585 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1142 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Kelsie View Post
    I know at times, I've seen members here complain about not being allowed to speak their minds or being banned for not following the rules. After viewing that particular forum I have a new appreciation for the moderators of Guinea Pig Cages who keep this forum appropriate and kid-friendly.
    Thanks for posting this, Kelsie! I too have had a similar experience with other forums and simply don't care to go back.

I doubt that many who post here ever give a thought to just how time-consuming it is to carefully and thoughtfully answer several posts in a 24 hr. period as @bpatters does. To my knowledge, being a moderator is not a paid position and only someone who doesn't work full time can devote the time and energy to the task. I've seen moderators come and go and only BP has been here for the long haul.

I'm grateful for the Forum and have stuck around to pay forward all of the knowledge that others have so willingly shared with me. A big "thank you" to all the mods that I have "known" over the past nine years.

Thanks
    Thanks
    7,204 Rec'd/5,737 Posts
    Mentioned
    2024 Post(s)
    Quoted
    3768 Post(s)

@spy9doc, you're totally right that it's not a paid position. At least, not in money. But seeing people "get" what it takes to care for guinea pigs is very rewarding, and worth more to me than money would be.

Thanks
    Thanks
    867 Rec'd/748 Posts
    Mentioned
    186 Post(s)
    Quoted
    392 Post(s)

I agree with Kelsie! And some of the guinea pig groups on Facebook are awful too.

Thank you moderators!

Thanks
    Thanks
    36 Rec'd/36 Posts
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Quoted
    28 Post(s)

I agree the moderators do an outstanding job. This is a good place to learn about guinea pigs. Everyone is so helpful and respectful. Thank you!

Thanks
    Thanks
    59 Rec'd/41 Posts
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Quoted
    26 Post(s)

Well said @Kelsie.

I started posting on this forum when I had two adopted pigs who ended up being pregnant and one had an especially difficult time with delivery. Before my first post, I learned so much just from reading the posts and informational tabs.

The people here, in particular @bpatters, @spy9doc and @Guinea Pig Papa, have been particularly helpful, kind, knowledgeable and quick to respond, as I have progressed in cavy ownership and knowledge. They are patient and compassionate in their replies which I have greatly appreciated!

I do very much appreciate all of you for helping me to better care for my guinea pigs. This site is so very much appreciated.

I now see posts and some I can relate to when I was a new owner, some I just roll my eyes, others I cringe because I feel so bad for the guinea pig since the information is already available to read and the owner is still making such bad choices, but I am always amazed how respectfully they get a reply.

I appreciate that the moderators keep things on an intelligent and respectful level that serves to educate all users from young to old.

Thank you.

10. "Thank you, Smileandnod, for this useful post," say these 3 members:

User Tag List