Thread: HELP my girl might be pregnant!!

Cavy Newbie
    Thanks
    Thanks
    0 Rec'd/0 Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

HELP my girl might be pregnant!!

So, I recently got guinea pigs on my birthday(May 20). And they are a bonded pair of girls. So I have 2 boars already, and told myself, what could go wrong if I put the cages next to each other. Turns out everything can go wrong. Neither of my boars are fixed and 2 days ago I found my biggest boar in the cage with the girls. Iím guessing itís just his size that easily got him over the middle separation grids, cuz nothing was there he could hop on. I think my girls are pregnant, and they both havenít bred before, and they are about 1 and a half years old. I want to know what can go wrong with the pregnancy if they are pregnant, and how can I prepare Incase they get sick or something. Also when would I be able to know for sure they are pregnant?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks
    Thanks
    7,180 Rec'd/5,717 Posts
    Mentioned
    2017 Post(s)
    Quoted
    3754 Post(s)

Re: HELP my girl might be pregnant!!

Well, they may not be pregnant. They can only get pregnant when they're in heat, which happens about every 14-16 days for 1-2 days. So the odds are in your favor. You can't possibly know at this point whether they're pregnant, and you won't know for 4-6 weeks.

See https://www.guineapigcages.com/forum...r-along-is-she for more information.

3. "Thank you, bpatters, for this useful post," says:

User Tag List