Thanks
    Thanks
    1 Rec'd/1 Post
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    2 Post(s)

Will these vegetables work?

Hi! So bascally I have some vegetables in my fridge and I wanted to know if these would work to give to my guinea pigs daily. If I name something that I can't feed daily maybe I could take these vegetables and spread them out throught the week? If I can help it i'm trying not to have to buy any more vegetables. Also it would be helpful if you could tell me how much of each vegetable or fruit I can give, how to wash them properly ( especially broccoli how am I supposed to wash inside of the top green bushy part? ) how often I should give the pigs these vegetables ect. I have never owned guinea pigs before and vegetables have been kind of hard for me so i'm wanting to make a schedual on what vegetables and fruits to feed them and on what day. For example I would put on a piece of paper on Monday I will feed the pigs apple, lettuce ect. Also i'm currently switching my guinea pigs off of the higgins sunburst guinea pig food and onto the oxbow garden select adult guinea pig food. The oxbow food is good for guinea pigs right? It would also be helpful if you could tell me how to give my pigs new vegetables. I heard you can't just give them the full amount right away because it can cause them to get diarria so how do I give them new vegetables? Ok so here are the vegetables I have in my fridge so you know what im working with.

Vegetables: green leaf lettuce, spinache, carrot, ( i'm going to buy some yellow bell pepper. I heard that it's good to give this to them daily because of the vitamin c content. Is that true? If so how much should I give them? ) cucumber, zuccini, cherry tomatoes ( I was also told with guinea pigs cherry tomatoes don't count as a fruit. Is that true? ) and broccoli. I think thats it for vegetables.

Fruit: apple, mango, and kiwi

Could I make a schedual for my guinea pigs with all of these vegetables and fruits? Also any other advice is appreciated even if it has nothing to do with vegetables and fruits. Thanks!

Cavy Slave
    Thanks
    Thanks
    2 Rec'd/2 Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Re: Will these vegetables work?

Quote Originally Posted by Thor and Moon View Post
    Hi! So bascally I have some vegetables in my fridge and I wanted to know if these would work to give to my guinea pigs daily. If I name something that I can't feed daily maybe I could take these vegetables and spread them out throught the week? If I can help it i'm trying not to have to buy any more vegetables. Also it would be helpful if you could tell me how much of each vegetable or fruit I can give, how to wash them properly ( especially broccoli how am I supposed to wash inside of the top green bushy part? ) how often I should give the pigs these vegetables ect. I have never owned guinea pigs before and vegetables have been kind of hard for me so i'm wanting to make a schedual on what vegetables and fruits to feed them and on what day. For example I would put on a piece of paper on Monday I will feed the pigs apple, lettuce ect. Also i'm currently switching my guinea pigs off of the higgins sunburst guinea pig food and onto the oxbow garden select adult guinea pig food. The oxbow food is good for guinea pigs right? It would also be helpful if you could tell me how to give my pigs new vegetables. I heard you can't just give them the full amount right away because it can cause them to get diarria so how do I give them new vegetables? Ok so here are the vegetables I have in my fridge so you know what im working with.

Vegetables: green leaf lettuce, spinache, carrot, ( i'm going to buy some yellow bell pepper. I heard that it's good to give this to them daily because of the vitamin c content. Is that true? If so how much should I give them? ) cucumber, zuccini, cherry tomatoes ( I was also told with guinea pigs cherry tomatoes don't count as a fruit. Is that true? ) and broccoli. I think thats it for vegetables.

Fruit: apple, mango, and kiwi

Could I make a schedual for my guinea pigs with all of these vegetables and fruits? Also any other advice is appreciated even if it has nothing to do with vegetables and fruits. Thanks!

There is a great chart in the nutrition section that breaks everything down as to how frequently to give veggies.
    This is from that chart...

Daily from your list:
    green leaf lettuce
    zucchini
    cherry tomatoes
    yellow pepper (conflicting info out there on this as well)
    1 baby carrot per day (Ive heard conflicting info on this as well)

2-4 times per week:
    cucumber

spinach is not often because of the calcium
    fruit is a treat...occassionally as it is high in sugar

3. "Thank you, warnisha, for this useful post," says:

User Tag List