Thanks
    0 Rec'd/0 Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Biting cage

Hi,

My piggies wonít stop biting the bars of the cage all the time, they come out all the time, they have fresh food, water and plenty of toys and room so I donít understand why they keep on biting the bars? Any advice?

Thanks
    Thanks
    7,093 Rec'd/5,638 Posts
    Mentioned
    1990 Post(s)
    Quoted
    3671 Post(s)

Re: Biting cage

The easiest way to keep them from doing that, and saving yourself the money for their dental bills in the process, is to line the inside of the cage with plexiglass to a high enough level that they can't reach the bars.

If they only do it at the sides of the cage closest to the kitchen, you may be able to get away with only lining those.

But biting can also be a sign of boredom. How large is the cage? and how many pigs are in it?

Cavy Slave
    Thanks
    Thanks
    0 Rec'd/0 Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Re: Biting cage

Quote Originally Posted by bpatters View Post
    The easiest way to keep them from doing that, and saving yourself the money for their dental bills in the process, is to line the inside of the cage with plexiglass to a high enough level that they can't reach the bars.

If they only do it at the sides of the cage closest to the kitchen, you may be able to get away with only lining those.

But biting can also be a sign of boredom. How large is the cage? and how many pigs are in it?

Thankyou i will try that, I have one boar in a 3x2 cage and another boar in its own aswell.

User Tag List