Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

New Guinea Pig owner

TanukiGirl

Cavy Slave
Hello everyone. I recently got a guinea pig which also happens to be my first guinea pig I’ve ever owned. I’m lucky to have a pretty well mannered guinea pig who likes to hang out with me and seems content. I’d love to learn more about these creatures. Feel free to give me advice as I’m kind of new to guinea pigs and to ask things

F1574BC2-EEC5-4BD5-B6DE-4C15BE8BE1F0.jpg

pritska

Cavy Gazer
First thing first, get him a little house so he can feel safe and also a bed would be a nice idea. Don't forget to give him vegetables/fruits every day and fresh water, but some of the vegetables and fruits will be harmful for him so Google that to be sure. They need love and time to play everyday. That's the basic stuff if you have any question let me know but if I were you I could buy a book or just do a research on the internet!

Sent from my FIG-LX1 using Tapatalk

CavyMama

Cavy Slave
Also, he needs unlimited access to hay. It keeps their molars worn down and it keeps their gut moving which is essential for guinea pig health.

Desscott95

Cavy Slave
Was wondering if my guinea pig is a male or female?158EC7CC-35C0-4AC5-BE91-9ABBE3653A31.jpg

guineapiglova88

Cavy Slave
Looks like a female, as they typically have a y shape while males have more of just a straight line.

MerryFriarTuck

Cavy Slave
bpatters list is fantastic with everything you need to know!! One other site I could add is www.guineapigmanual.com . It's very readable, fun, has important info for new owners, and helped me a lot when I got my first piggy.
Your piggy is cute and looks so sweet!

Last edited:
Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.