Thread: Bigger and updated house!!!! YAY!!!!

Cavy Slave
    Thanks
    Thanks
    2 Rec'd/2 Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Bigger and updated house!!!! YAY!!!!

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20190509_214146.jpg 
Views:	32 
Size:	95.5 KB 
ID:	85924

Hello! I finally got my girls upgraded to a bigger space!! I wanted to do a large dog crate, however, it just didn't work logistically and it was starting to rust so thats a major no. So instead, I put two cages end to end and worked for hours on reconstructing them to be just right (and safe)and tada! More space and two very happy girls! They kept running from end to end (once they figured out they could go over the divider....that was fun convincing them) and squeaking so I am pretty sure they approve! They have always been in the blue cage I assume from the time their previous owners had them so they are probably shocked at the space ! Personally, I would like to buy two new Midwest styles and put them in our corner area but I am quite sure the husband will have a fit hahaha.

I have moved them to my room since it has AC and my son's room does not...I would have preferred them being in the living room but the husband said no he didn't want them there.... Oh well, he has the tv and video games up too loud for them anyway and I primarily watch tv, read, and stuff in our bedroom so they won't be lonely !

Well, there it is, our current adventure into the world of cavies, that and our camping trips.

Cavy Slave
    Thanks
    Thanks
    0 Rec'd/0 Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)

Re: Bigger and updated house!!!! YAY!!!!

That's awesome! I was considering reconstructing my piggies' original cage (4 sq ft) into my one Midwest for the extra room, but I wasn't sure how doable it would be considering it is a couple of inches taller at the base. I'm sure your cavies appreciate the AC and quiet company!

Thanks
    Thanks
    1,497 Rec'd/1,232 Posts
    Mentioned
    563 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1103 Post(s)

Re: Bigger and updated house!!!! YAY!!!!

In looking at the pics you provided, I would suggest that you get the cage off the floor. Put it on a table or construct a grid stand for the cage to reside on. Your cavies will appreciate being more at eye level with you and will be less afraid of the giants towering over them.

Do investigate buying or building a C&C cage for your cavies. They really need all the room you can provide for them. Two cavies need a minimum of a 2x5 cage (that is 2 grids by 5 grids, each grid being 14in. square). Then you can custom build a stand to precisely fit the cage and provide storage space beneath it. Look in the cages section or browse through the gallery of photos to get some wonderful ideas.

User Tag List