Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register
  • ONE THREAD per pig please!
    We really want your pig's history all in one place to help you. Please don't start a new thread for a new issue. Just reply to your old one. We can edit the title for you if needed.

Genitals Is my piggie a girl or boy??

camh98

Cavy Slave
Hi I need help sexing my guinea pig, I got my young pig from a local pet shop not a chain store, on March 30. I was told she was a girl but I want to make sure before I go along with it. I have tried lightly pressing of the genital area to see if I could make a penis appear to find out, but I didn't have any luck and I didn't want to harm her. Thanks in advance for the replies!

Attachments

IMG_8354.jpg IMG_8353.jpg

Soecara

Cavy Slave
Looks like a girl to me.

If you aren't sure you can feel for a firm line just under the skin, this is because male guinea pigs have a bone in their penis, even if you can't expose the penis you will certainly be able to feel if it is there or not.

buenavides1

Cavy Gazer
Have you already figure out the gender of your Guinea, it seems like a girl to me after checking the link that the moderator have attached on the comment.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.