Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Goodbye to my best friend Spunk

emilya

Cavy Gazer
Yesterday I had to euthanize my best friend Spunk. He was only a year but had a long history of sickness and could no longer walk. I loved him with all of my heart. He had such a bright personality, and always ran laps around his cage. He will be missed. <3

is there any shelters that would take donations? I have a 2x4 C&C cage along with water bottles and other stuff that I’m willing to donate. I live in Florida but I am willing to ship it out to help. Thanks

bpatters

Staff member
Cavy Slave
I'm so sorry you lost him.

Try looking at www.petfinder.com for guinea pigs -- any rescues anywhere around you will pop up.

LittleSqueakers

Cavy Slave
I'm so sorry for your loss. Losing them at a young age like that is the worst. :( Try Googling small animal/guinea pig rescues near to your area. They're not very common here in the South, so you may have to ship it or -- if you have the ability and are willing to do so -- make a drive somewhere to deliver the cage and equipment in person.

Guinea Pig Papa

Staff member
Cavy Slave
I am very sorry you lost little Spunk. Such a young age, and to have spent that time ill just isn't fair for these little creatures.

I'm sure he knows how much you love him, and are going to miss him. He's going to meet some new furry little friends and the Rainbow Bridge now. He can run and play in the sun, and eat whatever he wants. Pain and illness free and happy, all while he waits for the day you can come and take him home again.

emilya

Cavy Gazer
Thank you guys for the sweet words. It means a lot. I’m happy to know that he is no longer in pain and can be super happy.
As for the supplies, I’m going to attempt to find a rescue through the ways you all suggested. Thank you for the help and support, and I hope your guineas live happy and healthy lives :)

buenavides1

Cavy Gazer
I am so sorry to hear about your lost, you did all your best to take good care of Spunk. Time heals everything, and I am sure that Spunk is in a happy place now.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.