Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Behavior New behavior: both pigs not drinking water

ncync

Cavy Gazer
I have two boys a little over a year old. They are both skittish for no reason (it happened out of nowhere, they were never like this). They hardly move and are scared of exploring their cage. They eat fine but I haven't seen them drink water at all lately when before they used to always drink. I tried placing bowls of water for them but they aren't drinking that either. I haven't added any new items that haven't been there since they've been with me. Most of the time now, they just stay in one spot.

Guinea Pig Papa

Staff member
Cavy Slave
Just out of curiosity, has anything changed? Anything at all, even the slightest thing?

ncync

Cavy Gazer
Just out of curiosity, has anything changed? Anything at all, even the slightest thing?

That's the thing, not at all. They have been separated for months because they fight when they are together. Before this behavior, there was an instant that occurred where they came in contact and one bit the other. I tell myself that that's the reason for their paranoid-like behavior, but I was unaware they would stop drinking water from it. Other than that, their cage is the same and they are separated.

bpatters

Staff member
Cavy Slave
Pigs get weirded out about strange things. I'd make sure their veggies are extra wet, and maybe syringe them some water for a few days.

Also, have you checked the bottles to make sure the water is coming out?

How did you introduce them when you put them together? And what size cage were they in?

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.