Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Pregnancy New adopted guinea pig pregnant I'm sure

Pumkinpie

Cavy Gazer
I posted in my intro that we adopted two female guinea pigs. Two different people. My kids named the fluffy white one marshmallow. After reading through the board here I'm pretty sure she's pregnant. I'm tossing what the woman said out the door about her not being with a male. I wanted to stick with females this time, we were going to get four, so now waiting to see what happens. Good thing I have extra cage stuff for boys if needed. I'm not sure how pregnant she is, I looked at a lot of pics to try comparing. She's got a good appetite and rests a lot.

Attachments

IMG_20190502_191309574.jpg

Pumkinpie

Cavy Gazer
Thank you. I'm really not sure how far she is. I can feel two rather large lumps, but slight movement. I doubt she's just fat. She's almost twice the size of pumpkin when she sits back or lays down. I was reading about the lethals, am I right that because she's a lot of white that there's a chance of a lethal? I don't know her genetics or even what the dad looks like.

bpatters

Staff member
Cavy Slave
She's not roan or dalmatian, for sure, so that really minimizes the chances of a pup being lethal. Honestly, I wouldn't worry about it.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.