Thanks
    Thanks
    0 Rec'd/0 Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)

Unhappy Sleep tight, beloved Muffin

My sweet Muffin crossed over the Rainbow Bridge yesterday morning at the hospital.

Since last Friday, after getting her treatment for both parasites and a fungal infection, she has refused eating and was lethargic. We rushed her twice to the vet and syringe fed her every 3h. Twice she seemed to get better and getting our hopes up that the worst has passed. On Tuesday night, though, she vas very bloated and by 2 AM she got also diarrhoea. She was not chewing and swallowing anymore when i was syringe feeding her. We rushed her at the Vet Med Uni in the middle of the night, but her body lost the fight and she passed away on Wednesday morning.

The worst part is that the other two piggies will never understand where she dissapeared out of the sudden. Due to misunderstandings in their group and a fungal infection on Muffin, she was kept separated by a grill divider from the others. Last night when we took her to the hospital, the others didn't had a chance to say their goodbyes. On top of that we were not able to bring Muffin home, we had to leave her at the hospital, we have no possibilities to either cremate her or bury her. I feel so guilty about just leaving her there after saying our goodbyes.

We had her for only 3 moths, but she got into our hearts. She was the tamest of the three, the only one that would really eat from our hand and a very sweet piggie.
    I really hope that she was happy during her time with us.
    She left a big hole into our hearts and she will be greatly missed.
    I am now in bits and pieces. I have barely been able to eat since Tuesday night and i am crying almost all the time. I am constantly asking myself what did i miss, what did i do wrong, what could i have done to save her?

Run free, my darling one!
    Mommy and Daddy love you sooo much!

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC_1419_klein.jpg 
Views:	65 
Size:	94.4 KB 
ID:	85891 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC_1418.jpg 
Views:	66 
Size:	89.3 KB 
ID:	85892
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC_1667_klein.jpg 
Views:	61 
Size:	104.3 KB 
ID:	85890 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC_1650_klein.jpg 
Views:	58 
Size:	158.4 KB 
ID:	85893
    Last edited by amber89; 04-25-19 at 07:22 am.

Thanks
    Thanks
    7,199 Rec'd/5,732 Posts
    Mentioned
    2020 Post(s)
    Quoted
    3765 Post(s)

Re: Sleep tight, beloved Muffin

I'm so very sorry you lost her.

Thanks
    Thanks
    549 Rec'd/459 Posts
    Mentioned
    80 Post(s)
    Quoted
    406 Post(s)

I am very, very sorry for your loss.

Muffin was such a beautiful little girl. What an absolutely adorable little face. While she has much longer hair, her colouring is virtually identical to my boy Scooter.

I know I had never expected these little balls of fur to steal my heart. Now, I can't imagine life without them.

Rest in peace, Muffin. Today, you will make your journey to the Rainbow Bridge. You're going to meet a lot of new little friends, and you'll find the most amazing grass, veggies and hay. Do me a favour when you get there, sweet Muffin? Say hello to my boys Pooper and Sly, and tell them dad misses them.

Enjoy the sunshine little lady.

Thanks
    Thanks
    1,538 Rec'd/1,267 Posts
    Mentioned
    583 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1141 Post(s)

She was a beautiful girl. Fly free over the Rainbow Bridge, sweet Muffin!

User Tag List