Thread: Lunging at each other without fulling biting.

Cavy Slave
    Thanks
    Thanks
    0 Rec'd/0 Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    3 Post(s)

Question Lunging at each other without fulling biting.

My new Guinea pig and my other have been lunging at each other back and forth? To me it looks bad?? Its scary .Is this agression or normal dominance behavior? Should I separate them for the night? They had a proper introduction and non of this occurred. So I decided to put them in their cage and then they started this. C&C cage 3 by 5. 2 of everything. They long at each other when they get close or one of them wants to go in the others hide.

Thanks
    Thanks
    471 Rec'd/398 Posts
    Mentioned
    148 Post(s)
    Quoted
    217 Post(s)

Re: Lunging at each other without fulling biting.

If you separate them you would need to start completely from scratch again.

I would leave them together, but take out all of their hides and replace the hides with just pieces of fleece hanging down from the top/sides of the cage. You might be able to give back their hides tomorrow, but don't give them any hides with only one entrance.

If you have some fleece forests, or can make some, that would be ideal for this situation. If not you can just clip pieces of fleece to the sides or top of the cage so that the fleeces drape down and they can hide behind them, even if you had one hanging across one full end of the cage just so they can hide either side of it to break up their line of sight.

Here are some examples of fleece forests i got off of google, just so you know what I am talking about.

Name:  download (1).jpg
Views: 28
Size:  9.7 KBName:  download.jpg
Size:  11.6 KBName:  download (2).jpg
Size:  11.6 KBName:  download (3).jpg
Size:  11.7 KB

User Tag List