Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Dominance Lunging at each other without fulling biting.

Qwertage

Cavy Slave
My new Guinea pig and my other have been lunging at each other back and forth? To me it looks bad?? Its scary lol .Is this agression or normal dominance behavior? Should I separate them for the night? They had a proper introduction and non of this occurred. So I decided to put them in their cage and then they started this. C&C cage 3 by 5. 2 of everything. They long at each other when they get close or one of them wants to go in the others hide.

Soecara

Cavy Slave
If you separate them you would need to start completely from scratch again.

I would leave them together, but take out all of their hides and replace the hides with just pieces of fleece hanging down from the top/sides of the cage. You might be able to give back their hides tomorrow, but don't give them any hides with only one entrance.

If you have some fleece forests, or can make some, that would be ideal for this situation. If not you can just clip pieces of fleece to the sides or top of the cage so that the fleeces drape down and they can hide behind them, even if you had one hanging across one full end of the cage just so they can hide either side of it to break up their line of sight.

Here are some examples of fleece forests i got off of google, just so you know what I am talking about.
Z

download (1).jpgdownload.jpgdownload (2).jpgdownload (3).jpg

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.