Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Fur GUINEA PIG DRY ish PEE BOTTOM

Qwertage

Cavy Slave
I noticed today that my white Guinea pig has dry pee smell on her bottom and it stained her fur. I use fleece and puppy pads and change the cage once a week and sweep every day. Is it the fleece ? That's making her bottom smelly? Or a UTI. I haven't had an issue with this before. :weepy:

Guinea Pig Papa

Staff member
Cavy Slave
I noticed today that my white Guinea pig has dry pee smell on her bottom and it stained her fur. I use fleece and puppy pads and change the cage once a week and sweep every day. Is it the fleece ? That's making her bottom smelly? Or a UTI. I haven't had an issue with this before. :weepy:

I use fleece also, and with two boars I change it ever 48 hours, 72 at most. After a week the puppy pads may be too saturated to absorb any more, and the fleece is staying wet.

Give her a bath and change her bedding more often, and she should be ok. If you change her bedding and 24 hours later her bottom is still wet, she may indeed have a UTI.

Qwertage

Cavy Slave
Thanks for the advice ! I'm definitely going to start doing that.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.