Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Bedding Successful Fleece Bedding Alternative! Wanted to share with you all

kiyoko

Cavy Slave
Priva 4 Pack High Quality Ultra Waterproof Sheet and Mattress Protector 24"x34”, 6 Cups Absorbency, Guaranteed 400 Machine Washes https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01JAAVHUC/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_i_MDQRCbPZSTKYS

I am so excited! I don't have the ability to make my own fleece pads and I hated using so much carefresh. I still use the carefresh for the kitchens though. I was looking into Guinea Dad liners and had a thought - what about incontinence pads for humans? I looked into it and bought a pack. They work AMAZINGLY. Their pee dries instantly, I've been through at least ten washes and they are holding up great, and there is no smell! I switch out the pads every two to three days. And they're very affordable! I added the link for the type I bought. I wanted to share with you all because I figured there are others like me looking for bedding ideas. 😁

ItsaZoo

Cavy Slave
I use these as well and they last for years. We had a dog with incontinence issues and I had these under her blankets in various parts of the house. I’m still using them now for my piggy. I just throw a fleece blanket over the top and they keep everything dry.

spy9doc

Cavy Slave
I've been using incontinence pads for years and yes, they work well. I use sewn fleece liners and the incontinence pads are placed between the liners and the coroplast. One really needs to shop around and compare prices as they vary widely.

Here are two sources that I use:

(broken link removed)(34" x 36")
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B003QSDFL4 (35" x 80")

The link that you provided seems to have better prices. If they are quality, I may have to consider that as a source. My only complaint would be that they don't appear to have the longer size.

kiyoko

Cavy Slave
I've been using incontinence pads for years and yes, they work well. I use sewn fleece liners and the incontinence pads are placed between the liners and the coroplast. One really needs to shop around and compare prices as they vary widely.

The link that you provided seems to have better prices. If they are quality, I may have to consider that as a source. My only complaint would be that they don't appear to have the longer size.

I chose the smaller size intentionally. I use four to cover the bottom floor, then layer on top. Often, my girls will choose a specific place to pee but totally ignore the other pads. This way, I only have to change the pad that actually has pee on it and I just sweep up the poops off the others. It makes for less laundry. I have two large pads that cover the entirety of the cage bottom, but I don't like using those because I end up having to wash it because they have chosen one spot on it to pee a bunch and then I'm washing the entire pad for one especially soiled spot. By using several pads, I'm only switching the pads and laundering the ones that actually need it. It makes for less work for me, an easier to keep clean/dry cage, and less water waste.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.