Quoted
    42 Post(s)

Careless Re: Guinea Pigs happy to destroy everything

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	0910192216b.jpg 
Views:	16 
Size:	65.2 KB 
ID:	86266
    On this episode of My Monster Guinea Pigs , they chew the purple ramp I bought them. Now I have to cover the purple sides (I love purple) with my homemade ramp covers. Boo.
    Why can't they chew all the toys, cardboard, and hay hideys I put in their cage.
    Oops. That's weird the picture is upside down.

Thanks
    Thanks
    0 Rec'd/0 Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Re: Guinea Pigs happy to destroy everything

Unrelated, but Eloise has those exact two things in her cage. She's less destructive, though- more keen on constantly rearranging her stuff than tearing it down .

Chewing is pretty much inevitable- I'd suggest learning to make your own wooden tunnels and houses so it's less expensive (and so they consume less plastic)

Thanks
    Thanks
    1,538 Rec'd/1,267 Posts
    Mentioned
    584 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1142 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Candalalala View Post
    Now I have to cover the purple sides (I love purple) with my homemade ramp covers.
    You may not have to cover them. It appears that one side of the ramp has been edged with the plastic spines that I call "poster hangars" which are a more dense (and tough) plastic than binder spines for reports. In order to prevent chewing, EVERY exposed edge of the ramp must be covered!

You may be able to trim the sides of ramp where they have chewed and make them somewhat even and put the spines over the edges. And, yes, I speak from experience. All my cavies have chewed on the ramp......you just need to prevent it from the start. But, we know that this is necessary only from experience.

Name:  Poster hangarsS.jpg
Views: 37
Size:  22.1 KB

Thanks
    Thanks
    28 Rec'd/27 Posts
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Quoted
    42 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by spy9doc View Post
    You may not have to cover them. It appears that one side of the ramp has been edged with the plastic spines that I call "poster hangars" which are a more dense (and tough) plastic than binder spines for reports. In order to prevent chewing, EVERY exposed edge of the ramp must be covered!

You may be able to trim the sides of ramp where they have chewed and make them somewhat even and put the spines over the edges. And, yes, I speak from experience. All my cavies have chewed on the ramp......you just need to prevent it from the start. But, we know that this is necessary only from experience.

Name:  Poster hangarsS.jpg
Views: 37
Size:  22.1 KB
    Thank you! I actually just bought a fleece ramp cover from this website to protect it. I'm hoping they don't figure out how to pull it off it is purple so that makes up for it I guess

User Tag List