Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

What breed? Help identify color and breed! And bonding tips!

Nursecami

Cavy Gazer
Just got my guinea pig boar today. He’s so little and so friendly. I’m just curious what breed he is and what exactly his color is called. He looks a Himalayan, but he doesn’t have red eyes they are a dark blue. He is 8 weeks old. Oh and his name is Squib 💕 15E7E422-6920-4F5D-B7D1-4CE2A50D8E30.jpg

Tharamon

Cavy Gazer
Just got my guinea pig boar today. He’s so little and so friendly. I’m just curious what breed he is and what exactly his color is called. He looks a Himalayan, but he doesn’t have red eyes they are a dark blue. He is 8 weeks old. Oh and his name is Squib View attachment 85734

He is so cute:love:

bpatters

Staff member
Cavy Slave
Very few pigs are purebred. It's possible he's mostly himi with a different eye color.

pigmommy89

Cavy Slave
He looks like a young California pattern piggy. It's one of the newer varieties. They look like himalayan but have dark eyes. The body can also be red or cream. The points come in more as they get older. If he doesn't develop points, he could just be a dark eyed white with dark ears.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.