Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register
  • ONE THREAD per pig please!
    We really want your pig's history all in one place to help you. Please don't start a new thread for a new issue. Just reply to your old one. We can edit the title for you if needed.

Lump There is something in Eminem's chest

Strekeos

Cavy Slave
Hi there cavy friends,

IMG-20190312-WA0006.jpg

Today when I was giving my boars a buddy bath, I've noticed that Eminem has a cartilage like thing in his chest. It is not a lump but has a texture like the end of your nose. I'm not sure if it is the end of his ribcage or something else. He didn't show any signs of pain when I've inspected that area and my finger can get under it without much pressure. The same area on Snoop is harder and I can't get my finger under it because of his belly.

He is about 9-10 moths old and he was around 750 gr. Last week and he is 720 at the moment. His cage mate is around the same age +/-1 months and he is 900gr and the dominant boar. Eminem doesn't always finish his veggies and he generally leaves a few pieces but never says no to them and gets excited when I open the fridge so there isn't anything wrong with his appetite I guess. I've recently separated him from his cagemate because of cage size related fights between them but I've got a bigger cage and after today's buddy bath and reintroduction, they don't fight anymore and live together as of now.

I think that soft bone like thing is the end of his ribcage and he didn't eat much because of being separated but I am worried if it is something serious and I should see a vet.

This is my cage ATM btw.
15530373579252960102514926476120.jpg

bpatters

Staff member
Cavy Slave
My guess is that it's nothing to worry about. If the swelling is in the bone, it's going to be painful. If it's not painful, it's probably not the ribs. I'd watch carefully for a while. If it gets larger or seems to bother them, then vet.

Strekeos

Cavy Slave
Same here, hope he gains some weight soon :)

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.