Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

How Many? Are there some cavies who LIKE living alone?

CavyQueenie

Cavy Slave
Hi everyone!

While I understand that guinea pigs are social animals and can only thrive with social interaction and bonds, I don't know what to think of this Craigslist ad:

(broken link removed)

Do you think the owners simply did the introductions wrong? While I'd easily believe various combinations of boars not cooperating, it's hard to imagine a boar refusing to live with a sow...

Thank you! :)
Alison

LunchBunchPiggi

Cavy Slave
I'm pretty willing to bet they were not doing introductions correctly or don't understand what is a normal amount of fighting, fussing, and dominance display and are assuming that the normal amount of piggy scuffling to sort out rank is incurable fighting. Without talking to the owner though it's hard to know for sure.

monspigs

Cavy Gazer
I have one pig who hates other pigs, other people, everything that moves, etc. I will walk past his cage and he will rumblestrut. I've tried introductions with 14 other pigs and he doesn't get along with a single one. I am still trying though. All the trouble will be worth is when he finds a friend. Some pigs are just incredibly picky with their partners.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.