Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Monitoring your pigs.

Guinea Pig Papa

Staff member
Cavy Slave
So as everyone already knows, I'm always worried about my pigs. Especially when I'm not home.

So I went looking for a way to remedy that, and I found this :

(broken link removed)

This thing is unreal. Two way communication, 720P, pan, zoom, tilt and infrared for night. You can configure it to work from an SDcard, and to start recording or take pictures only on motion detection or stream constantly. You configure it through your phone onto your home network, and from there it works wirelessly. You can watch your piggies (or any other pets for that matter) no matter where you are.

And the price was the best part!

Guinea Pig Papa

Staff member
Cavy Slave
Yes, and you can also watch your wife when you aren't home! :jester:

We have a couple of similar devices that we used to keep an eye on Gary's mother who lived alone and had some dementia. They work pretty well even at night. With one of us home most of the time, we really haven't had reason to install them over the piggy cage, but have them if they are ever needed.

BTW, I found the recommended clipper set at Costco for $30. Any interest, or have you already made the purchase?

I'm more interested in watching the pigs to make sure she's looking after them to MY standards when I'm not there!

Yes, I am interested. I haven't made the purchase yet, haven't even been able to get into Costco. The truck makes it a tad bit prohibitive.

Guinea Pig Papa

Staff member
Cavy Slave
WOW! You hit the nail on the head when you said our stories run in parallel. I would ask my wife to send me pictures and video of my girl if I was travelling for work.

Nothing wrong with being cavy crazy, my friend! :D

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.