Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register
  • ONE THREAD per pig please!
    We really want your pig's history all in one place to help you. Please don't start a new thread for a new issue. Just reply to your old one. We can edit the title for you if needed.

Male female pups

Pamperedpets018

Cavy Gazer
Hello, I have 2 pups that are nearly 3weeks old. I have an idea of what gender they are but please could you tell me what you think
Thanks so much!

Attachments

20181212_173824.jpg 20181212_175210.jpg

bpatters

Staff member
Cavy Slave
The acid test of a male is being able to extrude a penis when you push in and down just above the genitals. Failing that, you can feel for the penis bone by putting your forefinger crosswise the abdomen just above the genitals and moving it back and forth -- you should be able to feel the bone underneath.

Have you seen https://www.cavyspirit.com/sexing.htm?

Pamperedpets018

Cavy Gazer
The acid test of a male is being able to extrude a penis when you push in and down just above the genitals. Failing that, you can feel for the penis bone by putting your forefinger crosswise the abdomen just above the genitals and moving it back and forth -- you should be able to feel the bone underneath.

Have you seen https://www.cavyspirit.com/sexing.htm?

Thankyou yes I read the link. I'm very sure I have a male and a female. Unfortunately the male will have to be on his own as my others are girls.

Rywen

Cavy Slave
If you have a good exotics vet in your area you can have him neutered (once he’s old enough) and then he can live with the girls.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.