Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Hello from West Virginia!

Minnow

Cavy Gazer
Hello everyone! I’m a new guinea pig mommy and would like to introduce myself. I had always wanted to raise guinea pigs but never had the time or money until I moved out on my own. I rescued two guinea pigs from the local animal shelter a few months ago and even bought them habitats from this site so they could have the best of the best.

Polo is a male and Maple is female but, don’t worry they’ve been separated. When adopting Maple she had already become pregnant by Polo and I knew that it had to be me to take on that responsibility. Maple just had two adorable pups on December 7th, 2018 and I have Polos neutering scheduled for December 14th! The pups are male and I will be separating them at 3 weeks from their mother and placing her back with Polo. I will be keeping the pups and have named them Mars and Rolo to go with their parents names. I don’t think it would be a good idea to let them stay in the same habitat as mommy and daddy even if they are neutered in the future so I will be getting them their own space soon. Any hints or advice for this would be greatly appreciated!

Anyway, I do hope that I can learn more from you experienced piggy parents and what I need to do to give my piggies the best life. Thank you!

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.