Hi everyone,
Oliver is 6 years old. For about 8 months now, he has has on going blood in his urine. We have done an ultrasound, a urinalysis and multiple tests. Back in May he did not have bladder stones, but had sludge in his bladder. No UTI of infections. Our vet believes he is an IC piggie. So today I wake up and he is now straining to go to the bathroom. He can make poops but he seems to be pushing when he goes to urinate. Very little urine is coming out, maybe like a little rain drop. This is the hardest I've seen him push, his little ears even go back :( and he is screeching when trying to go. He is eating, playing and hoping around but I don't know what to think. He has a vet appt at 8pm (earliest I can get him in!) I am going to check for bladder stones, but I feel like this is his IC acting up again.
I have ordered Cystease but it has not come yet. I don't know what to do in the mean time, is there anything I can do to make him more comfortable or for him to be able to urinate? I did give him .3ml of metacam as well.