Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Rest in Peace Scotti

rakusfrakus

Cavy Slave
Last night we said goodbye to my piggy-boy, Biscotti. (Full name Chief Engineer Biscotti Pippin). That makes it sound peaceful. It was not. But now he is out of pain and at peace. Luckily, we caught it early and within an hour he was out of pain. We do not know what happened, but the symptoms point to heart failure or stroke. He was 5 years old.

It is hard to not think of those last moments. It was scary and shocking and I was in denial that we couldn't save him. After calling five vets, three emergency vets that actually took the call, two of which were exotic vets, and one the best in the nation back in Indianapolis, (I wasn't kidding when I said I was in denial), we made the decision to euthanize Scotti. His condition was disturbing, and that is not what I want to remember. So this is my attempt at remembering the good times with my little piggy.

He was the sheriff of the town - always rumble strutting his way around the cage. He was the king of the "pip-pip-pip" exploratory noises during floor time or a cage cleaning and the loudest wheeker of the bunch. We buried him next to my other pig Rufio and in guinea pig burial fashion, he was laid on top of a bed of timothy hay.

I have posted my favorite photos of him below. Rest in peace little guy. I love and miss you. :love:

IMG_20150730_201648.jpg

IMG_20160418_144354.jpg

obiwanpigobi.jpg

IMG_20141202_233604.jpg

IMG_20150711_121102.jpg

Guinea Pig Papa

Staff member
Cavy Slave
My heart goes out to you. My most heartfelt condolences on your loss of little Scotti.

He's a very handsome boy, and he sounds like he had an absolute mountain of character. I know you loved him very much, and how badly you're going to miss him. Just know that you did the right thing for him, as unbelievably painful as that is.

Rest in Peace, Chief Engineer Biscotti Pippin. Go and find Rufio at the Rainbow Bridge. Find the best veggies, and the greenest grass there is. The sun is warm, the weather is fine and there are no house eagles there. Make some great new little furry buddies, and be at peace.

spy9doc

Cavy Slave
Fly free over the Rainbow Bridge, Biscotti! You obviously were loved very much. :love:

rakusfrakus

Cavy Slave
My heart goes out to you. My most heartfelt condolences on your loss of little Scotti.

He's a very handsome boy, and he sounds like he had an absolute mountain of character. I know you loved him very much, and how badly you're going to miss him. Just know that you did the right thing for him, as unbelievably painful as that is.

Rest in Peace, Chief Engineer Biscotti Pippin. Go and find Rufio at the Rainbow Bridge. Find the best veggies, and the greenest grass there is. The sun is warm, the weather is fine and there are no house eagles there. Make some great new little furry buddies, and be at peace.

I can't tell you how much this means. I am so glad there is an online community of people who get how much I love my guinea pigs. Thank you so much for your kind words. I really needed that.

rakusfrakus

Cavy Slave
Thank you sky9doc! I appreciate your support.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.