Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Hello from California!

LunchBunchPiggi

Cavy Slave
Hi, I'm Kai, and I don't actually have any piggies yet. I'm in the process of obcessively researching and getting things ready to adopt a trio of ladies sometime next year.

I've wanted piggies ever since I was little, but my mom was very adamant about nothing rodent like in the house. I am now in my thirties and no one but my partner can tell me I can't have squeak potatoes (because we make all household decisions together). Good news is that he may not be as excited about them as I am, but he doesn't mind me having them either!

I have two cats, an aquarium, and a cockatiel. Because of the cats and cockatiel I already have a separate room that is my sewing and craft space that my bird friend lives in. He'll be acquiring some wheeky roommates. Knowing my luck he'll start imitating them, lol!

I'm going to be building a table with room for craft and piggy supply storage underneath, and their 2x5 C&C cage will go on top of it. I'm planning to do home-made fleece bedding with disposable bedding in the kitchen that I can compost in my worm bin.

Thanks to forums and YouTube I'm feeling pretty well prepared for their eventual arrival!

PeachyPiggies

Cavy Slave
Welcome to the forum! I too am very excited about getting some piggies in a few years or so, I just have to hold myself back for just a while longer! xD I recommend checking out some pinned topics. (even though I bet you have already looked through them all, you seem very prepared!) Happy Piggie Owning - Luna

LunchBunchPiggi

Cavy Slave
I've been wanting them and researching them on and off for years, but only really got serious about it again last year. I've read and reread so much of this forum over the last year, lol! Thanks so much for the welcome!!

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.