Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Diet What Size Bag of Pellets/

FuzzMom

Cavy Slave
Hi. More pellet questions, sorry. What size bag of pellets should I get/ I was going to get twenty lbs, but then I read that vitamins degrade over time. Bulk is cheaper though. There's also a 4.5 lb size, but i'm afraid of running out. For simple calculation purposes please: a single (insert size in lbs) bag of pellets will last 1 guinea pig (insert number of months). When I had my previous girl I filled up a giant ceramic bowl and refilled everytime it needed it. i'm new to the measuring food thing. i'm now going through my silverware drawer looking for the little 1/8 cup measure I put away, never thinking i'd use it, lol. Thank you so much. Oh, and does the measure thing apply to all brands of food/ I had a friend ask me that. Thanks.

Most good quality pellets have stabilized vitamin C and will last for months. I used to buy 25 pounds at a time for two pigs, and they ate them well within the recommended time.

One-eighth cup is two tablespoons.

Awesome; thanks. Then I will go ahead and get the bulk size.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.