Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Fleece So I Took My Liners Apart..

bbxylee.m

Cavy Slave
Im revamping my pig room, going through closets, stuff like that. I found a fleece liner that was about a year old that hadn't been used much. I took it apart to save some fleece and make some strips out of it. The Uhaul pad was stiff, and smelled like pee. My hands felt disgusting after touching it. It makes me wonder, is the pad really getting clean in the wash? I wash with vinegar on a heavy cycle. I just found it odd. Anyone else have the same 'issue'?

Snugglybutt

Cavy Slave
I personally haven't had this problem! I use all of my liners quite often and wash them around once a week. I recently took apart some of my "noob" liners that I made when I first got my piggies, since they were an eyesore, and the uhaul pads didn't have a smell to them. I wash my liners with hot water, scentless detergent, and sometimes vinegar.

bbxylee.m

Cavy Slave
I personally haven't had this problem! I use all of my liners quite often and wash them around once a week. I recently took apart some of my "noob" liners that I made when I first got my piggies, since they were an eyesore, and the uhaul pads didn't have a smell to them. I wash my liners with hot water, scentless detergent, and sometimes vinegar.
I wash my liners on an Eco warm setting. Will the hot water not shrink them? I have a ton of fleece and only two pigs, so my liners kinda have a rotation, lol

bpatters

Staff member
Cavy Slave
Whether you wash on warm or hot, you need some detergent. Vinegar alone won't do it.

spy9doc

Cavy Slave
If you choose to use vinegar, DON'T add it to the wash cycle as it reduces the sudsing power of the detergent. Run a second, short rinse cycle and add the vinegar at that time.

Mymisters

Cavy Slave
Good to know about the second cycle for the vinegar

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.