Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Introductions Kristoff is here! 😁

Marybonus

Cavy Slave
Well, I got handsome Kristoff (neutered male) on Friday, but I am working on the introductions today. Right now, actually. He has been in neutral territory with Anna and Elsa for 3 hours ago and everything is going great. Elsa even seems to like him too much! 😂 She is already snuggling with him! I will let them in this neutral room for a few hours more today to be on the safe side, but I think this threesome is a success!
Thank you all for your help!

Attachments

20181023_104256.jpg 20181023_102313.jpg

Marybonus

Cavy Slave
*I meant for three hours NOW, sorry. BTW, is there a way to edit a post?

Snugglybutt

Cavy Slave
Welcome Kristoff! All three of your piggies are adorable, you are so lucky that a rescue near you had a neutered male! I've never seen a neutered guinea pig where I live.

Also, I think there is a 10 minute limit to edit your posts.

Guinea Pig Papa

Staff member
Cavy Slave
Congratulations! Kristoff is a cute little fella!

Your little girls are adorable too. Glad to hear everything is going well!

spy9doc

Cavy Slave
Just wait until your girls go into heat! They will be all over Kristoff and he probably will have no idea what is happening. lol

When a cavy is neutered, he may lose all libido and not respond to the pheromones that the girls exude when in heat. I can't prove it, but I believe that it depends on whether or not he was neutered when very young. I had a neutered boar and brought home an intact female. The first time she went into heat was too funny to watch. She pursued him all over the cage with humping him as if to say, "Come on, Chester, I'll show you what to do!"! Poor Chester finally had to lie down in the cage with his butt backed into a corner so she couldn't get to him. They were both exhausted by the end of the day.

His first response was that she was trying to dominate him, but he soon realized that this was different. As time went on the behavior lessened, but she still would be particularly amorous when in heat. Once in a while I saw him trolling her just for fun.

Congratulations.......you are going to enjoy the new family! :cool:

joyknights

Cavy Slave
I feel like I have suddenly heard the Frozen theme song after reading your post. LOL
You piggy family is getting big.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.