Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Adopt

Sparkycx

Cavy Gazer
Looking to adopt a young boy guinea pig for my 5 week old male guinea pig pup. He needs a buddy. In New York

bpatters

Staff member
Cavy Slave

joyknights

Cavy Slave
First of all, where did you get your first guinea pig? Maybe you can check it out and see if you can find a compatible buddy for your piggy.

Sparkycx

Cavy Gazer
What part of New York? It's a big state!

And have you looked at www.petfinder.com?
Yes I did check pet finder but there is no young males that aren?t all the way in New Jersey and I work in manhattan but I live in queens.

Sparkycx

Cavy Gazer
Well I got him from one of my guinea pigs that I didn’t know was pregnant. She had two babies and the other was a female that I’m keeping but my male I gave to a co worker and she hasn’t gotten him a buddy guinea pig yet. I check the place where I got his mom but there are no young guinea pigs. I also checked online to adopt one on petfinder and they are either full grown or to far for me to go get .

LittleSqueakers

Cavy Slave
Have you checked Craigslist? I don't know about your area, but where I live there are nearly always pigs for sale on Craigslist.

bpatters

Staff member
Cavy Slave
If there are rescues around you, contact them anyway. They're all run by volunteers, and the posted pictures aren't always kept up to date. And they'd also probably let you know when one comes in or is born.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.