Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Behavior Guinea Pig all of a sudden back limb problem?

Idontknow

Cavy Gazer
Last night(or early this morning) I noticed my sisters Gp walking weird. She?ll kind of fall over...
I noticed that her back leg(on her left side) seems to be the problem, I?ve been calling around for vets but the cheapest isn?t something I can afford($150 JUST to see what?s wrong) Someone I know said this could be vitamin c deficiency but she?s still eating, moving around and drinking water so I just want other opinions

bpatters

Staff member
Cavy Slave
If it's only one leg, it's much more likely to be an injury than a vitamin C deficiency. It could even be arthritis from an old injury.

You need to plan for medical bills. Medical care is just as much a part of responsible pet ownership as food, water and housing. It's not fair to a small animal to be sick or injured, and possibly in pain, and you not to be able to take it to the vet. Can you borrow the money? Investigate Care Credit? Start putting money aside so you'll have it on hand the next time your pig needs care?

Snugglybutt

Cavy Slave
I 100% agree with [MENTION=13820]bpatters[/MENTION]. Medical care is incredibly important and is something to seriously consider before purchasing an animal of any kind. It's not fair for an animal to have to suffer because their owner cannot bring them to the vet :^ ( I hope you are able to put together some money and take your sister's piggy to the vet!

Idontknow

Cavy Gazer
Had I known I was going to be kind of bashed for not having money I wouldn’t have posted here. But thanks oh so much wise asses for stating the obvious.

Definitely won’t bother posting here much seeing as how people are rude, sorry the question though!

Snugglybutt

Cavy Slave
Nobody was bashing you. Most of the people on this forum aren't vets, we can only offer suggestions and educated guesses. This forum is not a substitute for bringing guinea pigs to the vet. People here care about guinea pigs... and it is saddening to see owners who do not consider vet care before purchasing animals. Like I said before, I hope you gather money for a vet and that your guinea pig gets better!

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.